These last few weeks each member of the family has had the winter wind at their door. It's been nigh on three weeks and I've been feeling blue. The first photo reminds me there is hope through the cold and tanglement of winter. We are going towards the light - we all are, in a way - we are, we are, we are...
The illness and slowing down has been knocking at my door - I didn't learn my lesson, the first time this winter, or the second and now yes, I hear you. I'm slowing, being kinder to me.
A few tips, more for me than you but I will share. Inspired by the Maharishi Ayurveda book "The Ageless Woman."
Five Magical Tips for Ageless Beauty
1. Go to bed early, lights out at 9:30
2. Wake before 6am, sankalpa, smile, pray, chant, walk outside on Mother Earth; barefoot if possible for 10 minutes to connect.
3. Drink pure warm water with a splash of rose water. It heals the emotional heart. Rose is an amazing flower, try Rosehip jam, rose oil dabbed on your hanky or pillow.
4. Eat fresh, pure, organic foods with lots of sweet, juicy fruits and vegetables.
5. Eat a light evening meal without meat, rich sauces or cheese by 7pm at the latest.
I like these five tips as they are the basics. And now, nourishing the heart and increasing ojas is my main bent at the moment. It has been known for thousands of years and mentioned in the great Ayurvedic textbook, the Charaka Samhita, that excessive mental work - I classify that as thinking too much - creates suffering of the vessels that nourish the heart. So I think feel that meditation needs to be added to the list and one more; the lifesaver of every mother and father all over the world.
7. Yoga Nidra